Advanced Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Fellowship
The Advanced Pediatric IBD Fellowship Training Program is directed toward individuals who have completed their fellowship training in Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition and desire additional training in the management of children and adolescents with an academic career in Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
The goal of this one-year program is to support the development of highly skilled fellows or junior faculty who have a strong commitment to pursuing a career in pediatric IBD, with preference for those who have plans to pursue an academic appointment following fellowship.
The fellow will participate in inpatient patient care and outpatient clinics. The fellow will also participate in other subspecialty clinics, including Pediatric Colorectal Surgery, Advanced Nutrition, Radiology, Pathology, Immunology, Rheumatology, and Psychology. Based on the fellow’s interests, there will be access to a multitude of clinical and research opportunities as well.
Eligible Candidates must have:
- Completed or on track to complete an ACGME accredited Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellowship training program before entering the Pediatric Advanced IBD Fellowship Training program
- Pediatric board-certification
- Pediatric Gastroenterology board-certification or board-eligible at the start of the Pediatric Advanced IBD Fellowship
Successful Candidates will have:
- Strong commitment to pursuing a career in academia, including an interest in basic/translational/clinical/QI research
- Strong supportive recommendations
- Well-defined career goals, objectives, and career development plan
- Outline of research interests
To be considered, interested applicants should submit:
- NIH Biosketch (Preferred) or CV
- Personal statement that includes: background, career goals and objectives, career development, academic training activities during fellowship year (Maximum 2 pages)
- Two letters of recommendation (one of which should be from their current fellowship director)
Send all attachments by email to:
Angela Vickers (Angie)
Advanced Inflammatory Bowel Disease Fellowship Program
- Application Deadline: October 30th, 2023
- Interviews for this position will all be conducted virtually during November – December, 2023
- Offer will be made in January, 2024
- Fellowship start date of July 1, 2024