Helping Children with IBD Experience Better Health and Well-Being in Every Area of Life
The Schubert-Martin Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Center at Cincinnati Children’s helps children with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and very-early-onset IBD experience the best quality of life possible. We care for all aspects of your child’s health and wellness, including care for your child’s physical, emotional and social well-being.
Why Choose Us
- Better Outcomes: Our center’s outcomes (see sidebar) are among the best compared to other large pediatric IBD programs in the United States.
- Advanced Diagnostics and Personalized Treatment Plans: No two children experience IBD in the same way. Through ongoing feedback and collaboration with families, our pediatric experts provide care that is safe, patient-centered and effective.
- Surgical Expertise: Most patients can achieve intestinal healing and long-term remission (no symptoms) with medication and nutritional treatment. For a small percentage of our patients, IBD surgery is an important and necessary step to achieving a good quality of life. Our pediatric colorectal surgeons perform many IBD surgeries every year. This level of experience is important in achieving good outcomes, especially for children who need complex surgeries.
- Care Coordination: Our one-stop clinic provides better, more convenient care, allowing patients to see multiple pediatric specialists during a single visit in one location.
- Breakthrough Research: Our experts are leaders in research exploring new medicines and treatment approaches for children with IBD.
- Consultations and Second Opinions: More than 100 families come to the IBD Center at Cincinnati Children’s every year for a second opinion. A second opinion from our team can reassure families that their child is receiving the best possible care elsewhere — or offer insights about other treatment options available at Cincinnati Children’s.
- Support for Families: From helping you prepare for your first appointment to connecting you with other families who are living with IBD, our center will provide your family with the support you need for the journey ahead.