We accept applications for the Neurology / Pediatrics Combined Residency Program at Cincinnati Children’s from graduates of US medical schools and World Health Organization (WHO)-recognized foreign medical schools. We are especially interested in applicants with academic interests in laboratory or clinical neurosciences.
Application Requirements / Information
- We abide by all NRMP rules for residency program. http://www.nrmp.org/
- All applications must be submitted via Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) https://students-residents.aamc.org/attending-medical-school/how-apply-residency-positions/applying-residencies-eras/
- Cincinnati Children’s Department of Pediatrics and Division of Child Neurology offers a 5 year categorical residency training program. We collaborate in reviewing applications, scheduling interviews, and ranking candidates. Our 5-year categorical Child Neurology curriculum at Cincinnati Children's follows the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) and American Board of Pediatrics guidelines. Training is two years of pediatrics followed by three years of child neurology/adult neurology training.
- The Child Neurology categorical program is the only program that applicants need to apply to in ERAS. The program code is 1808185C0.
- A separate ERAS application is NOT needed to apply for the Pediatrics portion of training.
- We require a minimum of 3 letters of recommendation. Letters of Recommendation may be submitted by any individual selected by the applicant.
- Applications are accepted from both MD and DO applicants.
- USMLE and COMLEX: There is NO minimum score requirement to apply. Cincinnati Children’s has a general benchmark score of 220 for the USMLE Step 1 score; and 550 for the COMLEX score, however this is not a requirement to apply. The Pediatric/Neurology combined program reviews the entire application.
- An applicant's entire application is reviewed to ensure that the individual has excellent knowledge, clinical skills, research skills, strong moral character, etc. We strive to fill our residency positions with well-rounded and diverse applicants.
- There is no cut-off as to application date after graduation date.
- We accept applications from International Medical Graduates. Below are some additional items for International Medical Graduates to consider:
- Only J1 Visas are accepted.
- All ECFMG requirements must be met, including having completed USMLE Step1 and Step2.
- There is no USMLE minimum score requirement to apply to our program.
- All applications must be submitted via ERAS: https://students-residents.aamc.org/attending-medical-school/how-apply-residency-positions/applying-residencies-eras/
- We abide by all NRMP rules for our residency program: http://www.nrmp.org/
For more information on the application process, contact Terri Feist, Residency Coordinator, at 513-636-7558 or email@example.com.
For more information on the Division of Neurology at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, contact us at 513-636-7558 or at:
Terri Feist, BBA, C-TAGME
Donald L. Gilbert, MD, MS, FAAP, FAAN