Applications for the Triple Board Resident Training Program at Cincinnati Children’s are accepted through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) beginning September 15 through November 1.
You will need to submit the following items through the ERAS system:
- A current CV that includes months or years of educational training or employment experience.
- An official medical school transcript and dean’s letter.
- A personal statement.
- A recent wallet-sized photo.
- We require a minimum of 3 letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation may be submitted by any individual selected by the applicant.
We accept applications from International Medical Graduates. Below are some additional items for International Medical Graduates to consider:
- Only J1 Visas are accepted.
- All ECFMG requirements must be met, including having completed USMLE Step1 and Step2.
- A separate ERAS application is NOT needed to apply for the pediatrics portion of the combined training program.
- Applications are accepted from both MD and DO applicants.
- USMLE and COMLEX: There is NO minimum score requirement to apply. Cincinnati Children’s has a general benchmark score of 220 for the USMLE Step 1 score; and 550 for the COMLEX score, however this is not a requirement to apply.
- An applicant's entire application is reviewed to ensure that the individual has excellent knowledge, clinical skills, research skills, strong moral character, etc. We strive to fill our residency positions with well-rounded and diverse applicants.
- There is a 5-year cutoff as to application date after medical school graduation date.
For additional information or questions, contact:
Amanda Rice, Program Coordinator
Dr. Courtney Cinko, Program Director