- Give this medication as directed, and do not stop taking unless directed to stop by your child's doctor.
- Notify your child's doctor of any other medications your child is taking.
- Let your child's doctor know if your child has a heart condition or kidney disorder prior to giving this medicine.
- It is best to avoid alcohol or over-the-counter medications that contain alcohol while taking this medication.
- The patches should be applied at bedtime to a clean, hairless area of the upper arms or chest.
- Rotate where the patch is applied weekly. Do not cut the patches.
- Do not use after the expiration date on the bottle / package.
- If too much medication is taken by accident, call the Drug and Poison Information Center (DPIC), 513-636-5111 or 1-800-222-1222, or call your child's doctor immediately.
- Keep this medication out of the reach of children.
Give missed dose as soon as you think about it, but if it is close to the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your child’s normal time.
Apply the missed patch as soon as you think about it (after removing the old patch); start a new timetable after the patch is put back on.
Possible Side Effects of Medication
- Dry mouth
Call Your Child's Docotor If:
- Trouble breathing
- Chest pain
- Unusually severe fatigue or drowsiness
- Increased heart rate