- DO NOT CLEANSE THE SKIN prior to L.M.X.4 application (although you should not apply over moisturizers or other topical medications).
- L.M.X.4 works best when it mixes with the skin surface oils.
- While wearing gloves, begin by rubbing a small amount of L.M.X.4 cream into each of the sites for about 30 seconds.
- Apply another layer of L.M.X.4 cream, this time with a thicker coating of the cream. Cover cream with an occlusive dressing (Tegaderm or round bandages).
- Although L.M.X.4 does not require the use of an occlusive dressing, one is recommended for use in children to ensure adequate contact of the cream with the skin and to prevent the accidental ingestion of the cream.
- Do NOT flatten the cream (L.M.X.4 works best when it is applied thickly).
- After the product is removed, the skin should be cleaned and prepared as usual for the procedure.
L.M.X.4 starts to work in about 30 minutes.
Total application time should usually not exceed 60 minutes. (Rubbing it in longer has not been shown to increase its effect).
It lasts approximately 60 minutes.