Healthcare providers, psychologists and families are beginning to recognize the challenges and opportunities presented when siblings have a brother or sister with developmental disabilities, complex medical care, or emotional needs.
Cincinnati Children's provides resources to find information that can build and support that special relationship between brother and sister and their sibling with special needs.
- Child Life specialists help siblings of various ages understand and cope with the hospitalization of a family member.
- The Perlman Center is pleased to partner with Child Life and the Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics (DDBP) to bring Sibshops to the Greater Cincinnati area.
- The International Adoption Center (IAC) offers Sibshops for brothers and sisters of internationally adopted children.
We also recommend the following resources.
- Ohio Adult SIBS Conference on November 6th, 2021
- 5th Annual Sibling Symposium at Cincinnati Children's was Saturday, July 17, 2021