Resources for Estate and Future Planning
Families often feel overwhelmed by the daily issues and challenges they face in caring for their child with special needs. While it is difficult to look ahead, it is extremely important to plan now for the financial future of your child.
We provide resources to patients and families to assist in estate and future planning.
- Center for Future Planning by the Arc
- How to Plan for the Future with a Special Needs Child by MetLife
- Financial and Estate Planning by Ohio Developmental Disabilities (DD) Council
- Planning for the Future When You Have a Child With Special Needs by Northwestern Mutual
- PLAN of Southwest Ohio
- Special Care Program by MassMutual
Able Act and Accounts
- ABLE Accounts by The Arc
- ABLE Accounts: The Basics
- ABLE Act of 2014
- ABLE by the National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS)
- ABLE National Resource Center (ANRC)
- Indiana ABLE Savings Accounts
- INvestABLE Indiana
- STABLE Account by the Ohio Department of Taxation
- Stable Account by the Ohio State Treasurer's Office
- Stable Kentucky
Special Needs Trust
- Community Fund Ohio
- Special Needs Trusts and ABLE Accounts by Redtreehouse
- What is a Special Needs Trust by Northwestern Mutual
Finding an Attorney
Cincinnati Children's does not endorse specific attorneys.
It is important to thoroughly research and ask questions before you select an attorney specializing in special needs trusts.
To find a lawyer who specializes in special needs estate planning, you can check with your local disability organizations, advocacy agencies and other parents. Here are several resources that can help get you started: