Children with special healthcare needs often require specialized medical care and supports. The more you understand, the more confident you will feel in seeking the supports you need from your healthcare providers, family and community.
We provide resources to support your child’s medical needs.
- Health Conditions (A-Z): Find websites, through an alphabetic listing, that provide an explanation of your child’s condition and get support.
- Discharge Planning: Discover what is needed to be able to go home and feel confident in receiving proper care outside of the hospital.
- Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities: Resources that help people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) reach their full potential through individualized supports and programs.
- Mental Health & Behavior: Learn about mental health supports and case management agencies.
- Developmental Therapies: Find information about physical (PT), occupational (OT), speech-language (SLP) and feeding therapy.
- Medical Equipment & Supplies: Get the durable medical equipment (DME) and supplies needed to care for complex conditions.
- Medical Transportation: Resources that can assist with transportation to and from medical appointments.
- Clinical Trials: Research trials can offer hope, but also have risks and specific participation requirements.
- Hospice & Palliative Care: Programs and supports to help address issues causing physical or emotional pain or suffering.
- Complementary & Integrative Health: Treatments used in addition to traditional medicine include complementary, integrative or alternative medicine.