Child Abuse, Neglect
Children with disabilities are at a higher risk of suffering abuse and/or neglect.
We provide resources where parents and caregivers can turn for support when facing the challenges of child abuse or neglect.
The Mayerson Center for Safe and Healthy Children at Cincinnati Children’s is a premier program that has helped set the national standard for enhancing and strengthening evaluations of child abuse.
We also recommend the following resources.
- Abuse and Neglect by Disability Rights Ohio
- Child Abuse & Neglect by the Administration for Children and Families
- Child Abuse & Neglect by Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Child Abuse and Neglect by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Protecting and Supporting Children by the Hamilton County Job & Family Services
- Sexual Abuse Awareness and Prevention for People with Disabilities