Thank you for considering Cincinnati Children’s for treatment. Our international team is committed to helping you get the high-quality medical care needed as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Please note that international patients must first be formally accepted by a Cincinnati Children’s division before traveling to receive care at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
In order for us to present your child’s case to the proper physicians the steps below must be followed:
1. Prepare the following information:
- Complete the International Patient Information Form.
- Obtain Medical Summary translated into English.
You can also include any other medical records that may be helpful. Examples include but are not limited to surgery, laboratory, radiology, and cardiology reports.
If you have Images of MRI, CT, echocardiogram, or other images, they can be uploaded to our website Ambra (Click here for instructions to upload images). Images must be in DICOM format and all records must be labeled with the patient’s full name and date of birth.
Please contact us with any questions.
- Images can also be mailed in a CD or USB drive to the address below:
International Patient Program
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
3333 Burnet Avenue-MLC 11050
Cincinnati, Ohio 45229
Please understand that additional medical records may be requested after the medical team reviews your case.
A member of our team will reply to your request within 48 business hours and ask for additional information if necessary. When all the above information is received your case will be assigned to an International Patient Coordinator.
3. Physicians will review your case
Your case will be reviewed by our medical team, if your case is accepted then a consultation or treatment plan will be recommended. If your case is denied you will be notified.
4. Receive cost estimate information
A cost estimate will be created for your consultation or treatment plan. Then it will be provided to the patient’s family or the source responsible for the bill.
- If you have medical insurance, your healthcare benefits will be verified and a Letter of Guarantee from your insurance company will required before arrival to Cincinnati.
- If you are a self-pay patient, full payment is required prior to appointments being scheduled.
5. Confirm your payment for healthcare services
After full payment is received your International Coordinator will work with you to schedule appointments based on clinic availability and your schedule. If required, a visa support letter is prepared for the patient and family at this time.
6. Plan your arrival
Now you are ready to plan your trip and purchase your flight tickets. Our Concierge Services staff will work with you to identify hotel options and arrange airport transportation in Cincinnati.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns. We look forward to assisting your family.