The International Patient Care Program offers special services to patients and families who are coming from outside the United States to Cincinnati Children’s.
Our staff is dedicated to making the experience of patients, families and their referring physicians as easy and comfortable as possible. We will also serve as a contact and resource for families, foreign providers, payers and other international organizations.
We will help your family and doctor:
- Obtain information about services, programs and physicians at Cincinnati Children’s
- Locate the right physician to meet your child or patient’s specific needs
- Obtain a proposed treatment plan, which will identify potential diagnostic and treatment procedures, surgery, expected length of the visit, possible consultations, follow-up care and more
- Estimate expenses for implementing the treatment plan
- Work with insurance companies and sponsors to arrange receipt of payment / letters of guarantee before arrival in Cincinnati
- Facilitate appointment scheduling as outlined in the treatment plan
- Arrange for medical interpreter services in most languages, as well as sign and Braille for those with hearing and sight disabilities
- Connect with our Guest Services division to assist with local lodging, transportation and other services
- Provide information about local resources