Behavioral Science Core
The Behavioral Science Core is devoted to providing high-quality resources for the planning, assessment and execution of research involving behavioral and / or treatment and protocol adherence dimensions.
The Behavioral Science Core works with investigators to assess their needs and develop clinical and translational trials that include behavioral interventions and outcomes, as well as aspects of adherence to medicine and illness self / family management. The Behavioral Science Core develops, with investigators, a plan for realizing the goals of their research efforts through the utilization of its many resources.
We will work with investigators to identify the needed services and ensure that we integrate across aspects of science, study execution and study financial / operations management.
- Execution of behavioral measurement techniques / instruments, including:
- Behavioral inventories
- Behavioral observation / coding procedures
- Developmental tests
- Intellectual tests
- Neuropsychological tests
- Psychiatric structured interviews
- Quality of life scales
- School achievement testing
- Consultation in design of research with behavioral dimensions
- Preparation of behavioral sections of grant applications
- Consultation on data management and analytic strategies for behavioral data
- Assistance in preparation of manuscripts describing behavioral outcomes
- Consultation for adherence assessment and intervention