Support for Bone Marrow Transplant Patients and Families
The Bone Marrow Transplantation Program at Cincinnati Children’s encourages families to take advantage of the following resources:
- The Patient & Family Wellness Center. Includes specialists from Child Life, Financial Services, Pastoral Care, the School Intervention Program and Social Work. They can provide:
- Emotional, psychosocial and spiritual support
- Assistance with schooling concerns
- Community outreach and education
- Information about additional resources (financial, insurance, community)
- Guest Services. Helps make a stay in Cincinnati more comfortable and convenient. It provides assistance with lodging, ground transportation and other concerns.
- Our Clinical Concierge team. Schedules multiple medical appointments for families traveling to Cincinnati Children’s from outside the region.
Bone Marrow Transplantation Videos
The Bone Marrow Transplantation Program at Cincinnati Children’s provides how-to videos for BMT patients, as well as videos on what to expect for donors and recipients. Watch the videos in English, Spanish, and Arabic:
The Cancer and Blood Diseases Institute at Cincinnati Children’s hosts a week-long summer camp every year at Joy Outdoor Education Center in Clarksville, OH. The staff works closely with the Cincinnati Children’s medical team to create a safe, supportive environment for children, no matter what their abilities. The camp is an opportunity for kids ages 7-16 to develop new skills, form lasting friendships and build their self-esteem, all while having a great time. Patients are encouraged to bring a sibling. See details and contact us to register.
Other organizations provide extensive support and education for patients and families dealing with blood and marrow transplantation: