The Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics (DDBP) is a leader in improving services and support through education, collaboration, and other advocacy efforts in areas such as access to appropriate healthcare, transportation, emergency planning, community accessibility, and recreation. Our employees are active on boards and committees of disability organizations, as well as local and statewide groups that target the planning and advocacy needs of the broader community.
Within DDBP, and in partnership with the University of Cincinnati Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCCEDD), we provide training and community education to parents, caregivers, and community members on relevant topics impacting individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
Services and Support
We offer a variety of services and support including:
- Monthly community education programs on topics such as:
- Understanding and addressing challenging behavior
- Managing anxiety
- Toilet training children with developmental disabilities
- Transitioning into adulthood
- Babysitter trainings
- Family navigation, and more
- Sensory-friendly events in Greater Cincinnati
- Family support professionals that help families identify and access hospital and community resources and supports, including educational support
- Advocacy programs that work with and support other community agencies
For More Information