Cincinnati Children’s Ranked No. 6 Pediatric Heart Program in U.S.
The human heart pumps thousands of times per day to supply blood to our body. The supply of that blood to our organs and muscles is crucial to keeping us healthy and strong.
Our team at Cincinnati Children’s Heart Institute cares for children with the most challenging heart conditions, often looking after children too complicated to be looked after in their local cardiac center. As a result, last year children came to our Heart Institute from 46 states and 17 countries around the world.
Here, our providers are happy to take on the most complex and challenging cases. We come together from across subspecialties and disciplines – surgery, oncology, radiology, neurodevelopment, endocrinology or any number of our hospital’s top-ranked programs – to provide the comprehensive and integrated treatment your child needs.
Although we are proud of what we can do today, we are also committed to advancing care in the field for the children of tomorrow. As leaders, our heart team has established national consortiums, shared best practices, led breakthrough research and partnered with heart centers around the world.
Committed to Helping Your Child Feel Better, Be Stronger
At the Heart Institute, we do more than diagnose, treat and manage your child’s heart condition. We offer specialized care, therapy and treatments to address your child’s whole health – allowing your child to be happier, healthier and stronger.
We measure outcomes in more than just success rates and program metrics. For us, the measurement of success includes seeing your child enjoying activities and reaching their goals.
The experts in each of our specialty programs work closely with families and other experts to make these dreams a reality. Specialty programs for our heart patients at Cincinnati Children’s include:
- Our Cardio-oncology Program helps treat children who have developed heart problems as a result of cancer treatment.
- The Coronary Artery Clinic, one of the few in the nation, continues to deliver the highest standard of care to children with coronary artery diseases, such as Kawasaki disease.
- The Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic is one of eight clinics in the country to earn accreditation from the Pulmonary Hypertension Association.
- Our accredited Adult Congenital Heart Disease Clinic meets the unique needs of teens and adults who were born with congenital heart defects. These patients are nearly three times more likely to live longer under the care of adult congenital heart specialists and surgeons like ours.
- Our Heart Failure Clinic and Transplantation Program is the largest pediatric heart transplant program in the Tri-State area, performing the largest volume of pediatric transplants annually for the past decade. We are experts in the treatment of complex heart disease and heart transplantation.
- The Preventive Heart Program, one of the largest in the country, is committed to helping children manage obesity and improve their heart health.
Proven Approaches, Passionate Providers
As one of the top pediatric heart programs ranked by U.S. News & World Report, we are committed to advancing the care available to our patients and their families.
Our patients and families count on Cincinnati Children’s to deliver the latest advances in heart care and cardiac surgery. They know they can count on us for compassionate care from a team who never stops working for them, including:
- Some of the shortest hospital stays after cardiac surgical procedures in the country, demonstrating how quickly our patients recover from surgery.
- Our mobile heart clinic, which launched in 2019, offering families and children access to the same high quality of care available at our Cincinnati locations, including electrocardiograms (EKG), echocardiograms and consultations with cardiologists, as close to home as possible.
- Our cardiac rehabilitation center, opened in 2018, tailoring care to children with congenital heart disease and improving heart health before and after surgery.
- Pediatric heart learning center that trains doctors and providers from around the world on best practices in cardiac care and surgery. More than 100,000 teaching modules, lectures and research papers have been downloaded to date.
- Expanded access to pediatric heart care with 17 outpatient clinics in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana, and through our Joint Heart Program with UK Healthcare Kentucky Children’s Hospital.