A Comprehensive Team Approach to Intestinal Rehabilitation
The intestinal rehabilitation team includes pediatric gastroenterologists, neonatologists and surgeons, a psychologist, dietitians, rehabilitation therapists, speech-language pathologists (feeding specialists), nurse coordinators and a social worker. The entire team works together to evaluate each child and develop an individualized care plan. We ensure families receive the education and resources necessary to meet their child's needs through every stage of life.
Why Choose Us
- Experts with a National Reputation for Care and Research - Our physicians and surgeons continue to advance care and research in intestinal rehabilitation, benefiting patients worldwide.
- Innovative Medical and Surgical Interventions - Personalized treatment plans may include nutritional therapy, medicines and surgical procedures to improve intestinal function and support each child’s growth.
- Long-term, Multidisciplinary Care - Our team closely monitors each child's progress, making adjustments to the treatment plan as needed.
- Proactive Care Coordination - As a child’s needs change, we'll ensure the right providers and services are in place. We communicate with families, referring physicians and each other to ensure that nothing falls between the cracks.
- Dedicated, caring nurses - Our nurses have a high level of expertise in pediatric intestinal failure. Your child’s nurse will be available in the clinic, by phone, on MyChart and by email to answer your questions and provide support every step of the way.
- Patient and Family-Centered Care - We include patients and families in treatment decisions—they are an integral part of the team. Prior to the first appointment, our care team connects with families to understand the patient’s goals for treatment, listen to concerns, answer questions, and build a strong relationship based on trust.
- Remote Patient Monitoring - Our nurses teach families how to manage ongoing at-home care. Our team offers “remote patient monitoring” to ensure an extra layer of support and provide more personalized nutritional care. This can lead to faster transition off TPN, early detection of complications, and overall improves the care of our patients.
- Online Second Opinions – Our nationally-recognized specialists provide online second opinions to help families better understand a diagnosis and make informed care decisions. The process is convenient, easy and secure.