For Children with Complex, Life-threatening or Chronic Conditions
When your child faces an incurable illness, you need support and information that you can turn to with confidence. Our Pediatric Palliative and Comfort Care Team (PACT) has the knowledge, experience and compassion to help make the right decisions at the right time.
Who We Are
PACT is a team of physicians, social workers and a nurse practitioner, all dedicated to providing comfort, care and support to your child and your entire family. This care focuses on enhancing quality of life for the child and family, minimizing suffering, optimizing function and providing opportunities for personal growth.
We integrate our services with the medical care your child is receiving. We can provide expert pain and symptom management. We can provide referrals to a wide range of supportive therapies. We are also trained to assist you in making complex and difficult decisions about your child’s care.
- How Does My Child Benefit from Pediatric Palliative Care?
- Do you feel your child’s treatment is becoming increasingly difficult?
- Has there been a decline in your child’s medical condition?
- Are your child’s hospital stays becoming more frequent?
- Do you feel confused by the information you receive from your child’s care providers?
- Are your child’s pain and symptoms becoming difficult to manage?
If any of these are concerns, our team can find solutions that benefit your entire family. We care for children while they are in the hospital, and for many patients at home.
For detailed contact and referral information, visit the Pediatric Palliative and Palliative Comfort Care Team's Contact / Refer page.