The Division of Pathology provides diagnostic services to Cincinnati Children's and beyond, including the pathological evaluation of all biopsy material (surgical pathology) and autopsies.
We have state-of-the-art resources including electron microscopy, laser capture microdissection, next-gen sequencing and clinical and research laboratories for the study of childhood disease. Areas of special expertise include:
- Neuromuscular Pathology
- Gastrointestinal Pathology
- Placental and Fetal Pathology
- Electron Microscopy
- Mass Spectrometry
- Molecular pathology (PCR) – Infectious Disease Testing
- Molecular Pathology – Cancer Sequencing (NGS)
- Tissue BioBanking
To speak with a physician or consult about a patient, call 513-636-4261.
Why Choose Us?
We provide a full service anatomic diagnostic pathology evaluation of patient biopsies utilizing the following resources:
- Full staff of board-certified pediatric pathology specialists
- Fully operational histology lab for processing all routine biopsy specimens
- A full range of highly specialized histologic technology including special histochemical stains, immunohistochemical stains, molecular technology and electron microscopy
We also provide a broad range of clinical pathology procedures including collection procedures, instrumentation and methodologies oriented to children's needs.