The Division of Pathology provides diagnostic services to Cincinnati Children's, including the pathological evaluation of all biopsy material (surgical pathology) and autopsies.
We have access to resources such as electron microscopy and clinical and research laboratories for the study of childhood disease. Histochemical, immunohistochemical and molecular techniques are used. Areas of special expertise include:
- Molecular pathology (PCR)
- Gastrointestinal pathology
- Neuromuscular pathology
- The ultrastructural pathology of tumors
- Mass Spectrometry Laboratory
To speak with a physician or consult about a patient, call 513-636-4261.
Why Choose Us?
We provide a full service anatomic diagnostic pathology evaluation of patient biopsies utilizing the following resources:
- Full staff of board-certified pediatric pathology specialists
- Fully operational histology lab for processing all routine biopsy specimens
- A full range of highly specialized histologic technology including special histochemical stains, immunohistochemical stains, molecular technology and electron microscopy
We also provide a broad range of clinical pathology procedures including collection procedures, instrumentation and methodologies oriented to children's needs.