Forensic psychiatry is the legal application of psychiatry. It's applying psychiatry to the law in order to provide expert opinions in court. This includes evaluations rather than treatment.
Why Choose Us
The Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Cincinnati Children's is able to provide comprehensive psychiatric evaluations for the courts in a timely fashion. Our forensic psychiatry evaluations will include psychological testing when necessary.
We are able to provide appropriate psychiatric treatment referrals and disposition recommendations and our services are offered on an outpatient basis which significantly reduces the cost. Evaluations can be administered on location or in our outpatient offices at Cincinnati Children's.
We evaluate children and adults, and provide expert opinions for the courts regarding:
- Competency to Stand Trial
- Risk Assessment
- School Violence Risk Assessment
- Diagnosis and Treatment Recommendations (Including Medications)
- Treatment Amenability and Prognosis
- Medical Issues that Impact Behavior
- Assessment of Sexual Offenders
- Assessment for Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity (NGRI)
- Other Civil and Criminal Court Evaluations
Contact or Refer
For more information or to refer a patient, please contact Rashida Purdie at 513-636-0807 or email@example.com.