The Psychiatric Intake Response Center (PIRC), located within Cincinnati Children’s, is the admission and evaluation center for all psychiatric services.
PIRC is dedicated to providing high-quality evaluations and access to mental health services across the entire continuum of care. The service provides the community with reliable, professional triage and assessment by licensed independent behavioral health clinicians with more than 150 years of combined experience.
Services provided by the PIRC include:
- Admission and evaluation center for children and adolescents in acute crisis at both Cincinnati Children's Burnet and Liberty Campus Emergency Department
- Expert assessment and recommendation to help you determine the next steps in treatment for your child
- Clinical telephone triage and response
- Inquiries about inpatient care, outpatient care, community services
- Mental health link to the community including outpatient referrals
- Psychiatric consultation for patients admitted to the medical center
- Insurance pre-certification and authorization of mental health services at Cincinnati Children’s
- Intake services
Anyone with mental health questions is encouraged to contact the PIRC at 513-636-4124 or email@example.com. The PIRC is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, year-round.