There are times in some children and teen’s lives when they may need help managing activities at school and home, but do not need the structure of an inpatient psychiatric hospital. For times such as these, Cincinnati Children’s Division of Psychiatry provides a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP).
Your child will attend PHP at one of Cincinnati Children’s locations during the day and spend nights and weekends at home. This program is designed to help meet the individual needs of the child.
You and your child will become part of the treatment team. Other members include:
- Board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrist
- Licensed independent social worker
- Psychiatric primary nurse
- Mental Health Specialist (MHS)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
Together, we will create treatment goals to help your child learn to manage the stress and activities of daily life. Download our PHP Family Guide to learn more.