The Vinaya Rett Syndrome and Related Spectrum Disorders Clinic provides comprehensive, multidisciplinary care for children and adults. Our specialists work collaboratively to diagnose and manage patients’ complex neurological and medical needs, with the goal of enhancing quality of life for them and their families.
We provide evaluation and treatment for all variations of Rett syndrome and related MECP2 spectrum disorders, including:
- Typical Rett syndrome
- Rett-related disorders
- X-linked CDKL5 gene mutation
- Chromosome 14 FOXG1 gene mutation
- Other disorders, such as mild, late regression and preserved speech variants
- MECP2 gene mutations without fulfilling Rett criteria
- Males with MECP2 gene mutations
- MECP2 duplication disorder
Our clinic is named after Vinaya Kondapalli, the late daughter of Dr. and Mrs. Kondapalli. The Kondapallis generously support our work to help families like theirs impacted by these conditions. Their donation enables us to hire a Rett clinical and research coordinator, acquire communication devices for patients, build and maintain a clinical repository, synthesize dietary data, give informational resources to new patients, and help patient families who need assistance with expenses like travel lodging and meals.