At the Cincinnati Children’s Thrombosis Program, physicians, physician assistants, nurses, social workers and other providers provide comprehensive care for clotting disorders, including deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and cerebral sinus venous thrombosis. We also offer genetic counseling and testing to those who may be at risk for a clotting disorder (“thrombophilia”) due to a family history.
Our program is one of the few programs in the United States that provides this level of care. Services include:
- Coordinated care from multiple specialists
- Personalized treatment plans
- Innovative therapies
- Specialized, on-site laboratory services
- Clot-busting therapies that are not widely available at other children’s hospitals
- Opportunities to participate in clinical research studies
- Extensive patient education and support
- Information about community resources
In addition to providing expert treatment, our center conducts clinical research studies to improve the lives and prognosis of young people with clotting disorders.