Back to Timeline
1890
Mrs. George (Isabelle Pogue) Eastman.
Community Icon-two adults two kids holding hands

1890

Community

The Cooperative Committee, which was founded in 1884, was renamed the Cooperative Society. The group solicited donations to the hospital and visited the homes of released patients to help them adjust after an often-lengthy hospital stay. Mrs. George (Isabelle Pogue) Eastman was a founder and long-time president of the auxiliary, which still raises funds for the medical center today.

When community is engaged, kids can enjoy a better quality of life.

Dr. William "Arch" Carson.
Care Icon-circle with heart and medical plus

Care

The hospital medical staff consisted of 10 people, including four surgeons, two physicians, two oculists, a dentist and a consulting neurologist. Dr. William “Arch” Carson, one of the surgeons, later became president of the medical staff.

The more skill and understanding we bring to our work, the more kids can hope for the best outcomes.