The Neonatal Neurology Fellowship provides one year of additional clinical training focusing on the recognition and management of neurological diseases that affect the fetus, neonates and infants.
It is our goal to prepare physicians to practice independently and provide expert clinical care in common and uncommon disorders affecting the nervous system and to engage in scholarship through supervised training in the following areas:
- Diagnosis and management of neurological diseases that affect the neonate
- Management of neonatal infantile epilepsies, neuromuscular disorders, genetic disorders and metabolic diseases
- Diagnosis and management of neurological disorders manifesting in fetal period
- Technical aspects and interpretation of procedures related to the practice of neonatal neurology including amplitude integrated EEG, conventional EEG, head ultrasound, and MRI
- Neurological exam of the preterm and term neonate
- Administrative, management, and economic aspects of neonatal neurology