Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center follows the guidelines set forth by the Association of Child Life Professionals intern application and acceptance dates.
- September 5 for Winter / Spring semester
- January 5 for Summer semester
- March 15 for Fall semester
We eagerly await the opportunity to train highly motivated and qualified students and invite you to apply.
Download a Child Life Internship Manual and Application in portable document format (.pdf).
Please return completed application packet with the following included:
- Association of Child Life Professionals Common Child Life Internship Application.
- Essay on The Purpose of Child Life. Essay should be one page, single-spaced in length (approximately 500 words).
- A brief essay of how your preparation or experiences may have been impacted by COVID. Explain what you have pursued and how you have remained engaged with your learning experiences.
- Three (3) signed letters of professional recommendation in sealed, author initialed envelopes (photocopied letters will not be accepted). Letters should be current and include at least one from someone who has observed your work with children. ACLP common recommendation forms are not required and will not be accepted as substitutes for traditional letters of recommendation.
- Association of Child Life Professionals Eligibility Assessment. Eligibility assessment must demonstrate that all ten required academic courses are labeled as passed. Course in-progress forms may be accepted only for fall internship applications.
- Academic transcripts (unofficial transcripts will be accepted).
- Evidence of having completed a child life practicum of at least 100 hours. Please include ACLP practicum verification form and site specific practicum student evaluation, as applicable.
- Please do not submit applications in any type of binder or portfolio. Please do not staple application or other documents in the packet.
Child Life Clinical Education Coordinator
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Division of Child Life, MLC 5003
3333 Burnet Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45229-3039