Cincinnati Children's Hospital follows the guidelines set forth by the Association of Child Life Professionals intern application and acceptance dates.
We eagerly await the opportunity to train highly motivated and qualified students and invite you to apply.
Download the Cincinnati Children's Child Life Internship Manual
Please include each of the following completed items together and mail to the address listed below.
- All components of the Association of Child Life Professionals Common Child Life Internship Application.
- Essay on the Purpose of Child Life. This essay should be one page, single-spaced and approximately 500 words.
- Brief essay on how your preparation or experiences may have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Explain what you have pursued and how you have remained engaged with your learning experiences.
- Three (3) signed letters of professional recommendation in sealed, author initialized / signed envelopes. Letters should be current and include at least one from someone who has observed your work with children. ACLP common recommendation forms will be accepted in place of traditional letters of recommendation.
- Association of Child Life Professionals Eligibility Assessment Form. Eligibility assessment must demonstrate that all required academic courses are labeled as passed. Course in-progress forms are also accepted.
- Academic Transcript(s) from college / university (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- ACLP Practicum Verification Form. This should demonstrate that a minimum of 100 hours has been completed in a child life practicum experience.
Child Life Clinical Education Coordinator
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Division of Child Life, MLC 5003
3333 Burnet Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45229-3039