Hours of Operation and Location
Monday through Friday, 7:30am -5:30pm, evening and weekend opportunities are available for pediatric weight management exercise classes (6-8pm Mondays –Fridays) and various volunteer activities.
The Hearth Institute, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- Main Campus – Clinical Exercise Testing and Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Lab
- Cincinnati Children's MOB / Herald Building –Healthworks!
Qualifications for internship
- Current student in exercise physiology/ science program or related academic course of study and in good standing.
- The internship is designed to meet the requirement of undergraduate/ graduate programs requiring an internship rotation.
- Opportunities for those that wish to have an exposure to clinical exercise testing, cardiopulmonary exercise rehabilitation or exercise therapy for weight management.
Currently we have affiliation agreements with the following programs:
- University of Cincinnati
- Northern Kentucky University
- Bowling Green State University
- Ohio State University
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
- Ohio University
- University of Southern Indiana
- Taylor University
- Indiana University
- Purdue University
- Michigan State University
- Miami University
- Western Michigan University
- Eastern Washington University
- Ball State University
- Anderson University, Indiana
- Iowa State University, IA
University of Mary -Bismarck, North Dakota
Grand Valley State University, MI
Springfield College, MA
University of Wisconsin - La Crosse
Saginaw Valley State University, MI
Washing State University - Spokane
Eastern Michigan University
Ashland University, OH
If you are applying from a college that is not listed above, once selected to our internship program, we will work with your internship adviser to complete the affiliation agreement process prior to the start of your internship
To apply for an internship position, please send the following information:
1. A completed application form
2. Copy of your resume
Email applications and resumes for Clinical Exercise Testing Lab and Rehabilitation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email applications and resume for the Healthworks! program to email@example.com.
In the subject line of your email, please put specialty (Exercise Testing, Rehab or Healthworks), the session that you are applying for (spring, summer, or fall), and YOUR LAST NAME.
Example: "Intern for (Specialty), (Session), YOUR LAST NAME”
Deadlines to Apply
- For the Spring session (January through April)–Deadline is the prior November 1st
- For the Summer session (May through August) – Deadline is the prior March 1st
- For the Fall session (September through December)–Deadline is the prior June 1st
Thank you for your interest in our Exercise Physiology Internship Program. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sandy Knecht, MS, RCEP
Sr. Clinical Exercise Physiologist, Internship Coordinator