1. Ask your child to take a breath in and then blow out through the tubing, into the water to create bubbles. The breath out should be as long as possible. Aim to get the bubbles out of the top of the bottle each time; it may be messy and should be fun!
2. Repeat _______ times. This is one cycle.
3. Ask your child to huff (forced expiration technique) and cough to clear the mucus, as taught by your respiratory therapist. Encourage your child to cough the mucus out rather than swallow it.
4. Repeat this cycle (steps 1-3) ____ times in total.
5. The tubing, bottle and tray should be washed out and left to dry or dried with a disposable towel and stored in a clean place until next used. You should throw the bottle and tubing away, replacing it with clean equipment, at least once a week.