After Laser Procedure
- Rest on the day of surgery. Over the next two days, you may slowly increase activities until you feel back to normal.
- Take pain medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- You can go back to work or school in one week or sooner, if you feel up to it.
- Begin taking or keep taking any medicine that was prescribed before or after the surgery.
- Call Gynecology at 513-636-9400 to make a follow-up appointment. Let them know that this is a "post-op" visit. Usually this visit will be within one to three weeks.
Caring for Lasered Area
- Keep area clean and dry.
- Use soothing cold compresses for the area as needed.
- Use numbing medicine as needed (such as lidocaine 2% jelly or ointment).
- Drink plenty of fluids to keep urine diluted.
- You should urinate within four hours of surgery.
Call Your Doctor If:
- Bright red bleeding
- Severe vomiting
- Fever more than 100.4 degrees
- Severe redness, pus or drainage from the area that was lasered
- Cannot urinate by six hours after procedure
- Severe pain not relieved by medicine
For question or concerns, call Gynecology at 513-636-9400.