When you have a child with special health needs, you face the constant challenge of finding information and resources. The Special Needs Resource Directory, supported by the Family Resource Center at Cincinnati Children's, can assist parents, caregivers and healthcare providers identify, evaluate and access necessary services and supports. Focused on children and youth with special health needs who have physical, developmental, behavioral or emotional conditions, the directory connects to local, regional and national websites to help you:
- Overcome barriers to access healthcare resources
- Find information about your child’s diagnosis or condition
- Develop community connections for resources and support
- Identify strategies to help you advocate for your child
- Locate resources to assist you with special education, financial, housing, nursing, recreation and future planning needs
Finding Information and Resources
Click on the topics to the left to browse topics and find more specific sections and pages. Or type keyword(s) into the Resource Directory search box at the top of the page.
Click on Getting Started if you don't know where to begin.
Quick Links to a few of our most searched pages:
New Law Expands Protection for Medicaid Recipients of Home and Community-Based Services:
Medicaid Services Investment and Accountability Act of 2019 includes ideas and concepts taken from the ACE Kids Act.