Child Life specialists at Cincinnati Children’s are committed to the practice of family-centered care by promoting play, education, developmental and psychosocial support. We are an integral part of the health care team who can support you in both your child’s outpatient visit and inpatient stay. Child Life specialists can minimize stress and maximize coping of patients and families during their health care experience by:
- Serving as experts in growth and development
- Bridging the gap between hospital and home by offering familiar activities such as play, school, and special events
- Providing age appropriate education to help explain the health care experience
- Preparing children and their families before and during medical procedures
- Advocating for patients and families and encouraging their involvement during hospitalization
- Providing emotional support for the entire family during drastic life changes
Our commitment is enriched through research and the education of professionals and the community.