The Schubert Research Clinic (SRC) manages the use of their resources and services through ePAS.
It is helpful to understand that there are three protocol status situations that determine how you can select Schubert Research Clinic Resources in ePAS:
- If you are submitting your protocol in ePAS for the first time: You will be able to fill out all of the smartform ePAS pages for your study and, in so doing, you will be able to indicate utilization of the SRC in the ‘Study Management – Research Location’ section (item #6). There, you will select the appropriate SRC service option (see below).
- If your protocol was approved by the IRB previously, but you did not select SRC services and now you wish to use SRC services: Go into your protocol in ePAS and you will see ‘Activities’ on the left hand side. Choose the activity “Register for Use of the Schubert Research Clinic”. The activity will walk you through selecting the appropriate SRC services.
- If your protocol was approved by the IRB prior to March 2012: Your protocol was approved by the IRB prior to the implementation of the current smartforms in the ePAS system in March 2012. Thus, you will not be able to request SRC services in ePAS. Please contact us at email@example.com so that we can assess the services that you will need and contact our IRB representative to give us access to view your protocol documents in ePAS.
- Space only, which includes SRC clinic room (study conducted by study staff), self-laboratory specimen processing, storage of specimens, shipping center and metabolic kitchen
- Basic services only, including vital signs, prep for labs, blood draw and urine collection
- Comprehensive services including triage services, nursing, sample processing lab services, bionutrition, DXA scanning, biochemistry labs or vascular core services
- Imaging Research Center (IRC) or Cardiovascular Imaging Core Research Laboratory (CICRL) visit only
If you select “Comprehensive Services”, the next page in ePAS will have items for you to easily fill out, which will provide additional information related to your study’s SRC utilization, including a fillable PDF form where you can specify which of the Comprehensive services you will need. This form includes a targeted enrollment table and a voucher funding request for grant and other investigator-initiated studies. Save this form to your computer, fill it out, save the completed form and then upload the completed form where there is a link on the last item on the Schubert Research Clinic Information Page in ePAS. You can also upload the form using the “Upload SRC Resources and Services Form” link under ‘My Activities’.
You will not need to contact SRC staff to let us know about your protocol. ePAS will notify us that your protocol has been submitted and will keep us apprised of the IRB status.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current Schubert Research Clinic charges can be accessed on the CCTST webpage by clicking on this link: https://cctst.uc.edu/research/schubert
Log-in by a CCTST member affiliated with UC or CCHMC is required to view.
If you are not a CCTST member, go to the CCTST website, click “Join Now” on the right-hand side of the page, and follow the instructions to become a member (CCTST membership is free of charge).
Please refer to the Research Compendium for non-SRC Cincinnati Children’s charges. Go to Centerlink > Research tab > Administrative Information tab > Research Financial Tools menu > Research and Compendium Fee Schedule. If you are from UC or need assistance finding costs, please contact us by email at email@example.com, and we will assist you.