The leadership of Cincinnati Children’s and the OAACD believe that outstanding academic health care and research institutions are built upon a strong foundation of a talented, vibrant, diverse, collaborative faculty who experience a powerful sense of belonging to a community with a shared purpose. The objective of the Office of Academic Affairs and Career Development (OAACD) is to create that community of faculty – with the shared purpose of establishing Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center as the leader in improving child health – by supporting the academic career advancement of faculty members across the career continuum.
- Effective, innovative programs that promote faculty vitality and equip them to achieve professional success in the changing academic health center environment
- A collaborative, diverse and inclusive community in which faculty members view each other as partners in achieving the strategic objectives of the institution
- Facilitate the pipeline development and recruitment of the best faculty and ensure their academic success and productivity
- Promote a culture of excellence, teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and inclusiveness, and one that supports holistic quality of life for faculty
- Advance institutional strategic initiatives
OAACD staff assemble resources and create programs to support faculty in their multidimensional roles as researchers, educators, and clinicians. These include reappointment, promotion and tenure (RPT) resources and preparation assistance; dissemination of grant and award information; new faculty orientation; leadership development programs; mentorship programs; networking opportunities; faculty vitality and wellness programming and resources; diversity initiatives; and faculty appreciation events. The OAACD also administers two grant programs and oversees programs for programs for high school and undergraduate students such as the Summer Undergraduate Research Program.