If your child has an abnormal heartbeat (arrhythmia), our arrhythmia service is the best place for care. As part of the Heart Institute at Cincinnati Children’s, we are a leading program for evaluating and treating complex abnormal heart rhythms.
Conditions We Treat
We evaluate and care for a variety of abnormal heart rhythms including:
- fast and irregular heartbeats
- syncope (fainting) and pre-syncope
- cardiac channelopathies including long QT syndrome and other hereditary electrical disorders
- catheterization based procedures for all forms of tachycardias including Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome and other forms of supra-ventricular tachycardia
- families with first degree relatives that have experienced sudden cardiac arrest or sudden cardiac death
- conditions affecting the normal electrical system of the heart requiring cardiac rhythm devices such as pacemakers and defibrillators
What to Expect During Your First Visit
We will evaluate your child’s heart rhythm using an electrocardiogram (EKG). Our pediatric cardiac electrophysiologists, doctors who specialize in diagnosing and treating heart rhythm abnormalities, will use the results of your child’s EKG to determine the best course of treatment.
Contact the Heart Institute
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call the Heart Institute at 513-636-4432.