Treating Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury
We know how stressful it is for families and their children to cope with a brain injury. If your child is dealing with a concussion or other type of traumatic brain injury, we’re here to help.
The Brain Recovery After INjury (BRAIN) Health and Wellness Center is a nationally-recognized team of brain injury experts. Our integrated system of care includes physicians, nurses, therapists, psychologists, school specialists and others. Working together, we treat the physical, mental and behavioral health of children who have concussions or other types of traumatic brain injury.
Children receive care that helps them return to sports, school and other activities to improve their function, quality of life and well-being.
Why Choose Us
- Multidisciplinary Clinics: Brain injuries affect children on many levels. Our integrated clinics provide a one-stop-shop for the full spectrum of brain injury. Experts from across disciplines will assess your child and identify the best clinic for their needs.
- Family-Centered Approach: Once your child is thoroughly evaluated, we will develop an individualized care plan that works for you and your family. Our collaborative approach ensures your child receives the best possible care.
- Goal-Oriented Care: Our experts specialize in optimizing function to return your child to activity—including sports and athletics—as quickly and safely as possible.
- Continuing Care: We provide consultative care for your child, including regular visits to maintain up-to-date treatment and support. We also communicate with your child’s medical and healthcare providers as needed.
- Breakthrough Research: Our interdisciplinary research program integrates clinical, translational and basic research strategies. Our specialists participate in clinical trials and work to identify improved therapies. As a result of this research, our patients are among the first to benefit from new discoveries.
- Online Second Opinions: Our nationally-recognized specialists provide online second opinions to help families better understand a diagnosis and make informed care decisions. The process is convenient, easy and secure.