Music Therapists collaborate with the healthcare team to help patients meet their goals and unique needs. Music therapy can provide a variety of benefits across a wide array of goals including pain relief, self-expression, and finding ways to cope with diagnosis and hospitalization. We incorporate patients’ interests and the music they enjoy to support young adults during hospitalization.
Music therapists may provide:
- Live Music-Assisted Relaxation to help with pain and nausea relief
- Therapeutic music education (such as learning to play an instrument)
- Music listening to increase positive coping skills
- Songwriting and improvisation to promote self-expression
- Recording / Video projects to maintain connections with friends and family members
- Opportunities to leave the hospital room for sessions in the music therapy room or Seacrest Studio
For more information on available services, questions, or comments, please email CreativeArtsTherapy@cchmc.org.