Every patient has a social worker as part of their interdisciplinary medical team in the Cancer and Blood Diseases Institute. Social workers assess patient and family strengths and needs in relation to the patient’s illness. They assist with a patient‘s adjustment to diagnosis and treatment, through services such as crisis intervention, individual and family counseling. Social workers also help connect patients to financial and community resources.
- Counseling, focusing on adjustment to illness and hospitalization
- Support groups and activities for young adult patients and caregivers in the hospital
- Patient and family advocacy, including assistance navigating the hospital system
- Collaboration with the Family Financial Advocates regarding insurance and prescription needs
- Assistance with travel, lodging, and transportation needs
- Provide connections to community and healthcare resources
To connect with your Social Worker, please call 513-636-9736.