The Center for Spina Bifida Care provides comprehensive care to infants, children and adolescents living with repaired myelomeningoceles and other neural tube defects. Our multidisciplinary team of developmental-behavioral pediatricians, counselors, nurses and social workers are here to help you and your child from assessment through treatment and follow-up.
In addition to excellence in medical service and care coordination, the center is committed to becoming a leader in spina bifida education and research. Our staff collaborates with the local and national spina bifida associations, as well as the National Spina Bifida Program of the National Center for Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The Center for Spina Bifida Care is located in the Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics.
Our program includes:
- Care Coordination
- Developmental assessment
- Mental health screening and referral
- Multidisciplinary care
- Neuropsychological and educational evaluations
- Patient and family education
- Perinatal counseling
- Self-care and self-management training
- School liaison services for educational planning
- Social work and community / public health connections
Our multispecialty care includes:
- Developmental-behavioral pediatrics
- Nutrition counseling
- Psychiatry and orthotics
- Social work
- Vocational counseling