The Spina Bifida Center provides comprehensive, multidisciplinary care to children, adolescents, and adults living with repaired myelomeningoceles and other neural tube defects.
As part of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, we collaborate with specialists across Cincinnati Children's to bring well-coordinated, family-centered care to your child.
Why Choose Us
- Multidisciplinary Team of Pediatric Experts: We work with experts from urology, neurosurgery, rehabilitation medicine and orthopaedics. We also have dedicated nurse coordinators, social workers, nutritionists and research coordinators.
- Comprehensive Evaluations: Comprehensive evaluations include one-on-one appointments with multiple specialists. Appointments are coordinated all on one day to minimize travel to the hospital.
- Care Coordination: Our commitment to well-coordinated care can result in fewer clinic visits and better outcomes.
- Advanced Diagnostics: Cincinnati Children’s is one of only a few pediatric hospitals in the United States with the ability and expertise to provide personalized imaging and testing to meet the complex needs of our patients.
- Breakthrough Research: Patients have access to research studies that are exploring more effective treatment options for children, adolescents and adults with neural tube defects. Our team is also advancing early treatment including fetal surgery through our partnership with the Fetal Care Center.