Some products can actually take your breath away when inhaled.
While some can be fatal, others may cause only degrees of coughing and shortness of breath. These symptoms may worsen over time.
- If the person is not breathing, start artificial respiration and call 911.
- If the person is conscious, remove the person from the area.
- Avoid breathing fumes yourself.
- Help the person to get fresh air.
- Open doors and windows wide and turn on fans if indoors.
- Try to identify what the person inhaled and how long the person was around the product.
Call the poison center at 1-800-222-1222. The specialist can determine if further treatment is needed.