Resources for Hemangioma Patients and Families
At the Hemangioma and Vascular Malformation Center at Cincinnati Children’s, there is a wide variety of resources available to support patients and their families. We encourage families to learn about and use the resources that best fit their needs.
The Patient & Family Wellness Center at Cincinnati Children’s includes specialists from Child Life, Financial Services, Pastoral Care, the School Intervention Program and Social Work. They can provide:
- Emotional, psychosocial and spiritual support
- Assistance with school concerns
- Community outreach and education
- Information about additional resources (financial, insurance, community)
- Assistance with lodging, ground transportation and other concerns. Guest Services at Cincinnati Children’s helps make a stay in Cincinnati more comfortable and convenient.
Other Cincinnati Children’s Services
- Patients at Cincinnati Children's can visit the Family Resource Center for a place to relax and get assistance with many non-clinical amenities.
- Guest Services at Cincinnati Children’s helps make a stay in Cincinnati more comfortable and convenient. They provide assistance with lodging, ground transportation and other concerns.
- The Clinical Concierge team schedules multiple medical appointments for families traveling to Cincinnati Children’s from outside the region.
- Cincinnati Children’s is proud to care for patients from all over the world. Interpreter Services provides free written translation as well as spoken and sign interpreting to enable meaningful communication between patients, families and providers.
The Cancer and Blood Diseases Institute hosts a week-long summer camp every year at Camp Joy Outdoor Education Center in Clarksville, OH. The staff works closely with the Cincinnati Children’s medical team to create a safe, supportive environment for children, no matter what their abilities. The camp is an opportunity for kids ages 7-16 to develop new skills, form lasting friendships and build their self-esteem, all while having a great time. Patients are encouraged to bring a sibling. See details and request registration packet.