What to Expect
Benefits of Using Our Pharmacy
Cincinnati Children’s Home Care Pharmacy is a locally operated pharmacy. We provide support, service, and resources you need to manage your child’s care at home.
- Pharmacy services to patients living in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana
- A program that helps specialty patients manage and monitor their specialty medications
- A variety of specialty medications and supplies
- Information about your insurance benefits and costs related to your child’s care
- Financial resources
- Reminder calls when your child is due for a refill
- Safe disposal of supplies
- Pediatric home care nursing services are available
- 24/7/ pharmacy support including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Before sending your child’s medication, a pharmacist will call you to review your child’s medical history, give you information about your child’s medicine, and answer questions you may have. The pharmacist will then work with you to arrange delivery of your child’s medications and supplies.
- Local delivery options Monday-Friday 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Free delivery to the location of your choice
Refilling your child’s medication and supplies at Cincinnati Children’s Home Care Pharmacy is easy. We track when your child is due for their next refill. A pharmacist or pharmacy technician will call you before your child is almost due for a medication refill.
Contact us immediately if your child:
- Is low on medication
- Needs medication sooner than expected
- Takes medication on an “as needed” basis and you need to order more medication
Support & Resources
Insurance and Cost of Care
Our dedicated team of billing and insurance specialists will help you navigate and understand your insurance plan. We work with your health insurance provider(s) to determine your prescription and medical benefits. Many insurance plans require special approval before some medications can be dispensed. Our team of experts will guide you and your doctor through this process.
Before you start using our pharmacy services, our insurance team will send you an Insurance Benefit Statement. This statement will have your important insurance information and outline the cost of care you may be responsible for.
Financial help is available and we can help connect you to financial resources. Examples of financial resources include:
- Drug manufacturer copay cards
- Income-based financial assistance
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center offers a discount to eligible patients for medically necessary services. If your child is a resident of:
- the state of Ohio, or
- the following counties in Kentucky:
- The following county in Indiana:
This discount will automatically be applied to your account and will reflect on your bill. You do not need to complete a financial assistance application in order to receive this discount. If you are applying for 100% Charity Care, then a financial assistance application will need to be completed.
For more information, contact our Family Financial Advocates at 513-636-4427 or email PFC@cchmc.org.