The Hospital Medicine – Burnet Campus Service is the largest inpatient service at Cincinnati Children’s. We provide comprehensive, coordinated inpatient care for children with general pediatric and complex medical conditions. The service assists community pediatricians and family practice physicians when their patients are hospitalized at the Cincinnati Children’s Burnet Campus.
Our team provides the safest, highest quality care to children and their families. The hospitalist attending leads family-centered rounds and teaches hospital medicine fellows, residents and medical students. Our team may include 10 or more physicians and staff to ensure your child’s well-being. Our hospitalists are national leaders in family-centered rounds, patient safety and improving patient outcomes. We emphasize effective and efficient communication among the entire treatment team, including your primary care physician.
We deliver evidenced-based medicine in a family-centered environment. Our hospitalists believe that your child and family are best served by fully involving you in the decision process. You will be included every step of the way as we:
- Conduct rounds in patient rooms
- Have open, honest discussions
- Collaborate with you and your child to make the best decisions about your child’s care
- Comprehensive care for patients with common or complex medical conditions including:
- Necessary diagnostic studies and treatments
- Coordination of care recommendations from subspecialty experts, if needed
- Discharge planning with your PCP to ensure successful transition to home
- Consultation to other medical subspecialty service to assist with general pediatric concerns.
- Hospital medicine patients may be admitted to the Burnet Campus service from the Cincinnati Children’s Emergency Department, directly from a primary care physician’s office, or from another healthcare facility.