The Hospital Medicine − Liberty Campus service is staffed by attending hospitalists from the Division of Hospital Medicine. Patients are admitted to the 42-bed Liberty Campus Inpatient Unit. The attending hospitalist is responsible for all of the direct care of your child. Senior pediatric residents and nurse practitioners, who may also be involved in your child’s care, will work directly with you and the attending hospitalist in making all medical decisions. The small size of our team and unit allows for personalized care in a suburban setting north of Cincinnati with easy highway access and parking.
We deliver evidenced-based medicine in a family-centered environment. Our hospitalists believe that your child and family are best served by fully involving you in the decision process. You will be included every step of the way as we:
- Conduct rounds in patient rooms
- Have open, honest discussions
- Collaborate with you and your child to make the best decisions about your child’s care
Our team provides the following services:
- Primary management of children with common as well as complex medical conditions
- General pediatrics consultation for subspecialty patients, including surgical, pulmonary and oncology patients
- Hospital medicine patients may be admitted to the Liberty Campus service from the Liberty Campus Emergency Department, directly from a primary physician’s office or from another healthcare facility.
- If your child requires admission to Cincinnati Children’s and you are interested in the Liberty Campus Inpatient Unit, ask your physician to contact the hospital medicine direct admission attending doctor.
- If your child requires more intensive care or a specialty consultation, he or she may be transferred to our main hospital, depending on your child’s unique needs.
- View the Liberty Inpatient Unit Admission Guidelines and Process for more information.