The Latest Techniques, the Best Results
We use a variety of techniques to correct limb problems, many not involving surgery. If surgery is needed, we often use minimally-invasive techniques. Our experts offer a full spectrum of treatment techniques for limb lengthening and reconstruction, including:
- Self-lengthening rods are intramedullary devices which lengthens the bone without requiring an external fixator or repetitive surgery.
- Guided growth techniques are minimally invasive techniques allowing for correction of the lower extremity, including correction of angular deformities and limb length inequalities.
- Complex external fixation is offered through a variety of fixation techniques including hexagonal fixators, multiaxial correction devices, Ilizarov fixators, and monolateral frames.
- Image guided surgery is used in combination with minimally invasive surgery using an intraoperative 3D imaging device to help increase accuracy of surgical techniques as well as minimize the surgery.
- Minimally invasive techniques are used to decrease standard surgery and increase rehabilitation.
- Prosthetic conversion