The Division of Nephrology and Hypertension at Cincinnati Children's has had a long-standing interest in the relationship between the human complement system and immune-mediated renal disease. Founded by complement biology pioneer Dr. Clark West, our Clinical Laboratory provides a number of measurements helpful in the diagnosis and management of the glomerulonephritides, complement deficiencies, iron deficiency, the dysgammaglobulinemias, immunoglobulin subclass deficiencies, systemic lupus erythematosus, therapy-induced immune deficiencies, and hereditary angioedema.
One focus of the Clinical Laboratory born out of the expertise in complement-mediated renal diseases is clinical testing for the thrombotic microangiopathies (TMA), specifically atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS) and thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP).
Research and Development Services
The Nephrology Clinical Lab also assists investigators across Cincinnati Children's and around the globe in all stages of biomarker research as collaborations or fee for service, from pre-clinical discovery and assay development to validation in clinical trials. The non-clinical testing is performed in our CAP and GCLP laboratory to ensure high quality data and accurate results. Download the Nephrology Clinical Laboratory Research Compendium (PDF).
- Clinical Lab: 513-636-4530
- Clinical Lab results: 513-636-4281
- Pager: 513-736-4617
- Fax: 513-803-5056
- Director, Nephrology Clinical Laboratory: Stefanie Benoit, MD, email@example.com
- Consultant, Nephrology Clinical Laboratory: Prasad Devarajan, MD, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clinical Lab Supervisor: Thelma Kathman, email@example.com
- Clinical Lab Specialist: Jay Patel, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clinical Lab Specialist: Mindy Tepe, email@example.com
- Clinical Lab Specialist: Rebecca Hopkins, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Research Assistant: Qing Ma, email@example.com
- Research Assistant II: James Rose, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension
3333 Burnet Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45229-3039
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
Nephrology Laboratory T6.325
Attention Lab Processing B-4
3333 Burnet Avenue
Cincinnati Ohio 45239-3039