The neurosurgery team at Cincinnati Children’s cares for patients with all types of neurologic disorders, including the most rare and complex. Our program is one of the largest, most comprehensive in the United States, and our neurology and neurosurgery services are ranked No. 5 in the nation in the 2021-22 list of Best Children’s Hospitals published by U.S. News & World Report.
Why Choose Us
- Team Approach: Our team works collaboratively with other pediatric specialists at Cincinnati Children’s to provide sophisticated, yet always compassionate, care for patients and their families, many of whom travel to our facility from around the world.
- Family-Centered Care: We believe family members are an important part of each child’s care team, which is why we include them in every care decision.
- Advanced Technology: We offer the full complement of diagnostic tests and tools needed to evaluate pediatric patients with neurological conditions; all neurosurgeries take place in our BrainSUITE, which offers the most sophisticated technology available for pediatric neurosurgery.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery: We use minimally invasive surgery techniques, which utilize computer-guided navigation to remove deep-seated tumors and other brain lesions with minimal blood loss, pain and scarring. Neurosurgeons at Cincinnati Children’s pioneered these techniques, which make neurosurgery as accurate, effective and safe as possible.
- Online Second Opinions: Our nationally-recognized specialists provide online second opinions for families. They will review your case and answer specific questions about a diagnosis or treatment options. It’s easy, convenient and secure. Plus, you don’t have to leave home. Our case manager will collect your medical records and guide you through the process.