The Pituitary and Skull Base Surgery Center provides expert care from an experienced, dedicated team of pediatric neurosurgeons, plastic surgeons and otolaryngologists (ear, nose and throat specialists, or ENT). Our team is passionate about providing comprehensive, well-coordinated care for children with skull base conditions.
Patients travel to the center from around the country to receive care for craniopharyngioma, chordomas, dermoid cysts, meningiomas, pituitary tumors and other skull base conditions. Our fellowship-trained surgeons are experts in skull base care. They work side-by-side in the operating room to remove lesions and tumors and perform reconstruction procedures. The surgeons use minimally invasive techniques whenever possible, which means smaller incisions (or no incisions), less pain and a shorter recovery time.
We plan your child’s first visit to the center carefully so that your child sees the specialists who are best suited to their needs. During that visit, our team will provide a thorough surgical evaluation and a unified treatment recommendation. When appropriate, the team may ask other specialists at Cincinnati Children’s to be part of your child’s care team either before or after the first clinic visit. These additional specialists can include pediatric cancer doctors, ophthalmologists (eye doctors) and endocrinologists (experts in hormone-related diseases, such as pituitary tumors).
No matter what your child needs, our team will provide definitive answers, explain the full spectrum of treatment options and offer support every step of the way.
Why Choose Us
You’ll find everything your child needs under one roof in a kid-friendly environment. There’s no need to travel to multiple specialists’ offices for diagnosis or care.
- Our surgeons have years of experience working together and caring for children with rare and challenging skull base conditions. They are leaders in the field and have developed new surgical techniques for skull base conditions.
- Every member of our skull base team is a pediatric specialist—something you won’t find almost anywhere else. And that’s important because skull base conditions require different care in children than in adults.
- Our specialists offer state-of-the-art therapies and advanced surgical expertise, including minimally invasive surgeries.
- Your child will receive streamlined, personalized care tailored to their unique needs. In many situations, we can provide the treatment plan during a family’s first visit.
- We include patients and families in treatment decisions—you are an integral part of the team!
- Our nationally-recognized specialists provide online second opinions to help families better understand a diagnosis and make informed care decisions. The process is convenient, easy and secure.