One of the Nation's Top-Rated Pediatric Hospitals for Cancer Treatment
Cincinnati Children’s is one of the nation’s top-rated pediatric hospitals in the United States. Our new Proton Therapy Center was designed from the ground up with the needs of children and their families in mind. We offer:
- Pencil beam scanning, the most advanced proton therapy technology available. Proton radiation kills cancer cells but avoids healthy tissues and organs nearby. This reduces the risk of treatment-related side effects and long-term complications.
- Specialization: Our cancer doctors are not generalists. They specialize in treating specific types of cancers that affect children. Their deep knowledge and experience give patients an unparalleled level of care.
- Proton therapy experience: The Proton Therapy Center is new, but our team is not new to its advanced technology. In fact, our dedicated, experienced team is taking this technology to the next level, using dynamic new treatment approaches that improve outcomes for patients, even those with even the most difficult-to-treat tumors.
- Onsite access to comprehensive cancer-related services: The Proton Therapy Center is located on the hospital’s Liberty Campus, where patients have easy access to comprehensive cancer-related services, including oncologists and other specialists, surgery, central line care, lab testing, inpatient care and supportive services, such as social work and child life.
- Fertility preservation services: Specialists from our Comprehensive Fertility Care and Preservation Program help families understand how cancer therapy might affect a patient’s ability to have children in the future, and what the fertility preservation options may be. Learn more.
- Rehabilitation services: Cancer and cancer treatment take a toll on children’s growing bodies. Specialists in the hospital’s innovative Pediatric Cancer Rehabilitation Specialty Program provide customized therapy based on each child’s specific needs and goals. Learn more.
- Specialized care for adolescents and young adults: Cincinnati Children’s offers a nationally recognized program to meet the unique needs of adolescents and young adults with cancer. Learn more.
- Educational support: Hospital teachers and school intervention specialists provide extensive services to help children with cancer maintain their academic skills and eventually reintegrate into the classroom. Learn more.
- A commitment to long-term quality of life: The Cincinnati Children’s Cancer Survivorship Center provides specialized medical care and psychosocial support to childhood cancer survivors − continuously and without interruption through adulthood. Learn more.